All Items are sold AS-IS:
Please make a point to preview the items, we strive to “call out” damage when we see it, or at least, provide detailed photographs, however, we are NOT SPECIFICALLY LOOKING for damage. All items are sold AS-IS, unless explicitly stated otherwise in the description. Furthermore, our descriptions of the items are merely our honest opinion of material, date, or origin of the item, but should not be considered to be absolute fact, please use your own judgment or seek outside experts where necessary.
Carefully Confirm Your Bids:
Bidding on our site is a two-step process, this is designed to eliminate bidding errors. First you have to manually enter a bid on the item that you are interested in, once submitted, a new text-only page comes up. PLEASE ACTUALLY READ THROUGH, DOUBLE CHECKING THAT BOTH THE ITEM AND BIDDING AMOUNT ARE CORRECT. Your bid will not be recognized until this second step is performed.
Carefully Consider Your Bids:
Once a bid has been placed, you are now bound to honor it. You are responsible to pay for it and to pick it up at the specified pick up time. BIDS WILL NOT BE RETRACTED ONCE THEY HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED.
Double Check Pick Up Dates and Location:
- Each auction has a specified Pick Up Window. This should be considered an Event, unlike a retail store with open hours, this is essentially a one-time offering. You are expected to pick up your items at the time, on the date, and at the location that has been provided. You need to make it to the pick up, otherwise your items very likely will be forfeited, yet you will still be expected to pay for them. Have a contingency plan in place. We understand that "things happen" but we can only be of so much aid as our resources are limited especially when we are operating out of a remote location.
- That being said, we definitely would prefer a phone call or email BEFORE the auction if you know that you can not make the pick up as opposed to you forgoing your bid, we will do our best to make alternative plans whenever those are available to us.
- Any bidder with an item not paid for by the close of the scheduled pick up day will immediately have their cards charged unless prior arrangements have been made. In some cases, additional disposal fees (especially for bulky items) or transfer fees (if we elect to bring your items back to our warehouse from a remote location) may be charged in addition to your invoice.
A Buyer's Premium is in effect. This is listed as a percentage on the actual auction page and is charged in addition to your bid.
6% Sales Tax is applied to all applicable sales unless a proper Exemption Form gets filed.
Shipping is available for most smaller items. This is an AS-IS, Where Is type of auction. No guarantees regarding condition are expressed nor implied. There are no returns. Any issue that is clearly the result of damage during shipping shall be resolved by the terms and services of the shipping company, a claim must be filed and reimbursement will be on the handler's terms and timetable.
Additional Bidding Notes:
- A countdown timer with the time remaining in the auction will appear on the last day of bidding. Though, it will only show you how much time was left when you first loaded the page. This means that you must “refresh” your browser often to know the most accurate time left.
- The countdown timer that appears is not a “live timer”, meaning the remaining time shown on your screen was how much time was remaining when you last loaded your browser screen. If the clock shows 5 minutes, but you have been browsing on the page for 2 minutes, then there is really only 3 minutes remaining. Be sure to “refresh” your screen often to have the most accurate gauge of how much time is left. The clock rounds up to the nearest whole minute.
- If a bid is placed within 3 minutes of an item closing, the clock will reset a few minutes to give you some additional time to place your bid, this prevents people from “sniping” in at the last second.
- Once the auction begins, several lots will close each minute. So, items 1, 2, & 3 may close in the first minute. Items 4, 5, & 6 in the second, etc.
- If you are bidding from a slow internet connection (especially a weak cell phone signal) – be extra sure that the page has fully loaded before bidding and verify the TEXT on the confirmation page.
- We accept "Max Bids" on all items. We define a "Max Bid" as an amount that you would be willing to bid up to. Essentially, the computer will bid on your behalf against other bidders as they place bids on the same item. It will not bid beyond this amount.
- If you are already the current high bidder on an item and you increase your own MAX BID, the current bid will be increased by one increment. It is best to wait until you have been outbid before increasing your MAX.
Notifications, Outbid and Items Won:
- You will be notified by email if you are outbid on item, but only up until the auction actually starts. Once the auction begins to close, emails are no longer sent. It is best to be logged in and participating in the auction as it closes, whenever possible. Sometimes these emails will get directed into your spam folder, we highly recommend that you manually check in on the auction, especially as it is ending to see your standing.
- We will email out invoices to the winning bidders shortly after the entire auction has ended. If you feel that you have won an item, but do not receive an invoice in your email, please contact us.
COMING TO PICK UP YOUR ITEMS:
- Please do not arrive early and please do not intend to stay past the pick up window.
- For most auctions, we collect payments upon pick up. We only charge your card if you ask us to, or if you fail to show.
- Please bring payment with you. Cash or Credit Card, or Checks are for Established Bidders only.
- You are also personally responsible to pack all small items, so bring boxes if necessary.
- If purchasing large items, you are responsible to bring your own labor, so bring help with you plus blankets and straps to secure your load.
- If your lot contains a lot of items, you are expected to take all of the items that were intended to be included. You may not pick and choose which items to take and leave the rest, disposal fees will be sanctioned for items left behind.